- Échelle des points
- Description générale
- Description détaillée
- Mariages autorisés
|Long flat profile||6|
|Wedge, fine muzzle, size||5|
|Width between eyes||2|
|Shape, size, slant, and placement||10|
|Structure and size, including neck||12|
|Legs and Feet||5|
|Point color (matching points of dense color, proper foot pads and nose leather)||10|
- Solid : red point, cream point
- Lynx point : seal, chocolat, blue, lilac, red, cream tabby point
- Tortie lynx point : seal, chocolat, blue, lilac tortie tabby point
- Tortie point : seal, chocolat, blue, lilac tortie point
The Colourpoint Shorthair is a medium sized, svelte, refined cat with long tapering lines, very lithe but muscular. Males may be proportionately larger.
The ideal is a cat with type identical to the Siamese, but with its own distinct and unique colors. While the color differences set it apart as a unique breed, the purpose of the hybridation was to establish cats identical in type to the Siamese but separate colors. The Colorpoint shorthair standard reflect this objective and preserve it’s unique colors.
- Long, tapering wedge. Medium size in good proportion to body. The total wedge starts at the nose and flares out in straight lines to the tips of the ears forming a triangle, with no break at the whiskers. No less than the width of an eye between the eyes. When the whiskers are smoothed back, the underlying bone structure is apparent. Allowance must be made for jowls in the stud cat.
- Flat. In profile, a long straight line is seen from the top of the head to the tip of the nose. No bulge over the eyes. No dip in nose.
- Strikingly large, pointed, wide at base, continuing the lines of the wedge.
- Vivid blue in color, no other shades or colors allowed. Almond shaped. Medium size. Neither protruding nor recessed. Slanted towards the nose in harmony with lines of wedge and ears. Uncrossed.
- Long and straight. A continuation of the forehead with no break.
- Fine, wedge-shaped.
Chin and jaw
- Medium size. Tip of chin lines up with tip of nose in the same vertical plane. Neither receding nor excessively massive.
- Medium size. Graceful, long, and svelte. A distinctive combination of fine bones and firm muscles. Shoulders and hips continue same sleek lines of tubular body. Hips never wider than shoulders. Abdomen tight.
- Long and slender.
- Long and slim. Hind legs higher than front. In good proportion to body.
- Dainty, small, and oval. Toes : five in front and four behind.
- Long, thin, tapering to a fine point.
- Short, fine textured, glossy. Lying close to body.
- Excellent physical condition. Eyes clear. Muscular, strong and lithe. Neither flabby nor boney. Not fat.
- Body : subtle shading is permiisible, but clear color is preferable. Allowance should be made for darker color in older cats as Siamese generally darken with age, but there must be definite contrast between body color and points.
- Points : mask, ears, legs, feet, tail dense and clearly defined. All of the same shade. Mask covers entire face including whisker pads and is connected to ears by tracings. Mask should not extend over top of head. No ticking or white hairs in points.
- Pigmentation of nose leather and/or paw pads which is not consistent with the cat’s particular color description.
- Palpable and/or visible protrusion of the cartilage at the end of the sternum.
- Any evidence of illness or poor health.
- Weak hind legs.
- Mouth breathing due to nasal obstruction or poor occlusion.
- Visible kink in tail.
- Eyes other than blue.
- White toes and/or feet.
- Incorrect number of toes.
- Malocclusion resulting in either undershot or overshot chin.